South African FLL National Championship :
- 2 and 3 December 2016
- Sci-Bono Discovery Centre – Newtown Jhb (See map attached)
- Opening time 2 December 11h00 (Team Registration and setup)
- Closing 2 December 18h30
- Opening time 3 December: 8h00
- Closing ceremony 3 December – approximately 15h00
- Entrance will be free.
- Please remember that teams are allowed to bring their own food and drink, but please make use of the designated eating areas outside.
- There will be a cafeteria selling food.
- There is seating area around the arena for the spectators and parents. We trust that this will contribute to their fun and enjoyment of the tournament.
- Only the coach and Mentor allowed in the judging areas with their team
While we all compete for the big prize I would like to urge all teams to again have a look at the core values of FIRST LEGO League. We are the only sport which really accepts the notion of gracious professionalism. It is of utmost importance that we show this in all that we do. And remember TO HAVE FUN!
Johannes de Vries
|Time Table for South African FLL National Championship Tournament – Sci-Bono|
|11h00||Teams Arrive and registration|
|12h00||Coaches Meeting||Johannes de Vries|
|13h00||Judging and practice rounds|
|18h30||Closing for the day|
|Team checklist for the day of the competition|
|2||Coach (2 adults allowed)|
|4||USB Programming Cable|
|7||Laptop / computer|
|8||Leads for electricity|
|11||Team banner, posters, any other pitarea make-up|
|12||Technical, research and teamwork presentation books|
|13||Materials needed for research presentation|
|14||Lunches and drinks / money|
|15||Storage box for personal items|
|16||Patience, enthusiasm and lots of energy!!!|