Gauteng South FIRST Lego League Tournament:
- 12 November 2016
- Sci-Bono Discovery Center –Newtown Jhb (See map attached)
- Opening time 7h15 (Pits open)
- Starting time: Opening Ceremony 8h15
- Closing Time –approximately 17h00
- Tournament Organizer: Alfred email@example.com
Our aim this year at the Gauteng South Championship tournament is to make the tournament a personal experience for everyone. Please respect the rules to ensure that we will have a stunning tournament.
- Entrance will be free.
- Please remember that teams are allowed to bring their own food and drink, but please make use of the designated eating areas outside.
- There will be a cafeteria selling food.
- There is seating area around the arena for the spectators and parents. We trust that this will contribute to their fun and enjoyment of the tournament.
- Official practice rounds are scheduled in the Arena.
- There will be no team introduction during the Opening Ceremony because of time constraints.
- No parents will be allowed in the pit area.
- After your 2nd warning, we will send a penalty form of your team to the judges to keep in consideration if you were to receive an award.
- Official practice rounds are scheduled in the Arena on the main competition tables.
- There will be a short team introduction during the Opening Ceremony because of time constraints.
- Visitors and parents will be allowed in the pit area.
- Please keep your valuables safe.
- Only the coach and Mentor allowed in the judging areas with their team
- Coaches and mentors are not allowed to interfere with team presentations; answers etc. Judges will ask a coach or mentor to leave the room immediately in such an event. The only time that this will be allowed, is on special request if there is a language translations problem (at the latest during the coaches meeting)
While we all compete for the big prize I would like to urge all teams to again have a look at the core values of FIRST LEGO League. We are the only sport which really accepts the notion of gracious professionalism. It is of utmost importance that we show this in all that we do. And remember TO HAVE FUN!
Johannes de Vries
|7h45||Judges Meeting||Paul Stapelberg – Judges Room|
|8h00||Coaches Meeting||John Hay – Auditorium|
|09h00||Judging Starts for all Teams|
|12h30||Game play starts in arena|
|Team checklist for the day of the competition|
|2||Coach (2 adults allowed)|
|4||USB Programming Cable|
|7||Laptop / computer|
|8||Leads for electricity|
|11||Team banner, posters, any other pitarea make-up|
|12||Technical, research and teamwork presentation books|
|13||Materials needed for research presentation|
|14||Lunches and drinks / money|
|15||Storage box for personal items|
|16||Patience, enthusiasm and lots of energy!!!|